Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Today & every day

As I lay in bed tonight it's hard to believe that 6 months have passed since you left this crazy world. So much has changed in my life and I know you're looking down and smiling. While no one can replace your crinkly eyed smile, I now have a little man that tries to replicate it daily. He's beautiful and that smile, it would melt you to the core. His big beautiful eyes make me think of you all the time. 

It's funny how so many little things that I truly never noticed before are now so apparent and bring back so many sweet memories of you. When I say that you cross my mind every day, I mean it. Just the other day I was rocking Landon to sleep and I started singing a song and within seconds the tears were flowing- it was a song you taught me and now I have the privilege of passing it on. 

Most days I fair well, I smile at our times together and know you're  at peace. But some days, well some days just hit harder than others and I have to continuously tell myself to take deep breaths to get through. But every day I wish you could have met this sweet angel I call my own. You'd be the best PopPop and I know he'd fit perfectly into your heart. 

Miss you, Dad. 
Today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment